This site is a work in progress. New items will be added every week.
Email me (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Roasted garlic is listed in one of the recipes I have posted (Chicken with Garlic-Tomato Sauce) and an excellent addition to mashed potatoes and other dishes.
1) Preheat oven to 400F
2) Peel away the papery outer-layers of the garlic head, leaving the skins of the individual cloves intact.
3) Using a knife, cut 1/4 to 1/2 inch off the top, exposing the individual cloves of garlic.
4) Place the head of garlic in the middle of a square of aluminum foil and drizzle a couple teaspoons of olive oil, using your fingers to make sure the garlic head is well coated.
5) Bring the corners of the foil up and squeeze together to form a stem.
6) Bake at 400F for 30-35 minutes.
7) Remove from oven and let cool enough to handle. Put the garlic, root side down, in the palm of your hand and squeeze to make the garlic come out of the cloves.
Hard-boiled eggs are used at Easter and in many recipes. Here is a step-by-step guide to teach you how to hard-boil an egg or give you pointers that you might not have known.